Dr Hamiton is an experienced surgeon who has been providing care to orthopaedic patients on the Mornington Peninsula for more than 10 years.
Dr Peter Hamilton graduated with Honours in Medicine and Surgery from the Monash University (1989) and was selected for the advanced Orthopaedic training program by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1997.
He obtained his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2000, and gained his qualifications as a specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon.
In 2001, he undertook further post fellowship training in hip and knee replacement, trauma, sports and foot/ankle surgery overseas. This
experience was gained in centres of excellence at The Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh and Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. He spent time in Lecco, Italy gaining experience in the use of the Ilizarov technique of external fixation for trauma and deformity correction.
His area of expertise is in Hip – including Direct Anterior Approach (DAA), Knee Replacement surgery, ACL reconstruction and Knee Arthroscopy.
Hip & Knee
- Direct Anterior Approach Hip replacement/revisions
- Knee Joint replacements and revisions
- ACL reconstruction
- Knee arthroscopy
Selected Orthopaedic Trauma
- Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member Australian Medical Association
- Beleura Private Hospital, Mornington
- Peninsula Health Network, Frankston Campus